Words, acronyms & abbreviations on the internet

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

O

offline - that which is not online; the condition of not being connected to or on the internet. Usage example: "I have to quit chat for good to save my offline relationship", "I write my email offline then come online and paste it into compose", "I've only been online a couple of months but I don't think I could live offline now".

online - that which is not offline; the condition of being connected to or on the internet. Usage example: "I come online first thing in the morning", "I am online 24/7", "I'm not on with her in RL. We met online. She lives on the other side of the planet".

OIC - oh I see.

OMG - oh my god.

OTP - on the phone. An explanation of the chatter's temporary absence from the chatroom conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home